This is backtracking a bit since my folks left last week, but it was such a glorious day I wanted to acknowledge it.
Last weekend, just after Sweetpea's birthday, we decided to do a quick trip to Fort Point with my parents since in all their years visiting me we'd never taken them. And in fact, English hubby and I hadn't officially been inside it either until this past summer. It's now one of Sweetpea's favourite places to run around, up and down the stairs and spooky arched colonnades, and I still don't think we've ever toured it slowly enough to read most of the historical signposts or pause longer than 20 seconds in a given location. That's being a tourist with a six year old.
Still, we managed to hit most of the major points this time around, and my Mum gamely attacked all the stairs with her bum knee without complaining even once.
I've been living in the San Francisco Bay Area for 14 years and still feel very lucky to live here. Most of the time, anyway. But that's another post.
Fort Point is right under the southern end of the Golden Gate Bridge with stunning views of the Bay and the Pacific, and a short walk to the Warming Hut for hot cocoa afterward. Which is a required element since it's usually freezing cold in the Fort.
Playing tourist.






That's lovely. I love those arches, very cool photos. I love the pics of sweetpea snuggling with grandma. It makes we wish my kids had more of a family here.
ReplyDeleteI loved Fort Point when I was Sweetpea's age. Now I want to take my kids there!
ReplyDeleteLove the pictures! That lovely GF1, I presume?
Yessir, that is indeed the lovely GF1 with the 20mm pancake lens. I'm hoping Christmas might bring another lens from Santa.
ReplyDeleteI love this! I've been reading your blog for a little while now. I had no idea you were in San Francisco til this past week.
ReplyDeleteI'm from Scotland and live in Hayward, just on the other side of the bridge from you :)
Looks like Thanksgiving was a success! I love the part about hubby doing the dishes!
ReplyDelete