www.flickr.com
mosey|kim's items Go to mosey|kim's photostream

Sunday, November 15, 2009

Now We Are Six.

(Thank you A.A. Milne)

Birthday, check.
One more thing off the list til next year.

Alright, I'm not a scrooge about birthdays too, but next year we're doing a tea party in the living room with five kids. English hubby booked a gym this year as a change of pace since we've always had birthday brunches for Sweetpea here at home. Scavenger hunts, waffles, maybe a little bouncy castle action, cake and done. But the clean-up before and after was always a killer, so we thought hey, a gym - no pressure!

And in terms of sheer enjoyment by the Birthday Girl, it was a raging success. But it was pretty much just as much preparation as a home birthday and far more expensive. But the clean-up was a snap, so in that respect I was more than pleased. But. That. Is. It. We are scaling WAY back from here on out. My tolerance for birthday blow-outs ends here.

That said, watching your child have such a GOOD time was a delight. She ran, she jumped, she hugged, she swung, she laughed, she ate gallons of Pirate Booty and then, as she always does, savoured every last crumb of her birthday cupcake slowly and methodically.





And as I said on Facebook, I can't believe my baby is six. SIX. Ten more years and she'll be .... I don't even want to go there.

Happy Birthday, Sweetest of Peas.


Have I mentioned how much I love this kid?

5 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you guys had a great time for her birthday! It sounded like a lot of fun. She is such a sweet girl. What a cutie too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love when my daughter gets invited to a gym party--because she loves it, but I haven't given one yet. I can see how it would be almost as much work... but less clean-up would be nice. G's 4th birthday is coming up and I have had little time to even think about it... good thing she is ahppy with anything. I love the photos--the swinging one and the one of you and sweetpea are my fav's. It looks like it feels good to be 6 (of course I don't remember)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the photo of sweetpea and you. We had loads of fun. But I'm glad to get your feedback as I plan for the boys 7th. I'm thinking a gym this year. And from then on out small birthdays for each of them at home. Or we'll just go to Disneyland like last year. No clean-up involved then!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm thinking that this must depend on the gym you go to. Some gym parties require almost no involvement by the parents at all - the last one I went to, the parents brought the cake and that was it other than snapping photos like crazy throughout. The gym staff did everything from greeting and monitoring the kids, to distributing the snacks and cake, to supervising the birthday gift opening. It was amazing. The parents sat and chatted and drank Tim Hortons coffee. Heaven!

    ReplyDelete

Happy you're here ... please say hello.

Related Posts with Thumbnails