And even though we usually prefer our muffins unadorned, today we also made a simple cream cheese frosting which was totally yummy, found here.
Zucchini Muffins
- 1 large zucchini
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed down
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil (I use canola mostly)
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- pinch of salt
Lightly coat muffin pan with cooking spray.
Grate zucchini on large holes of a box grater (1 3/4 - 2 cups yield approx). Set aside.
In a large bowl, whisk together sugar, oil, vanilla, eggs.
In a small bowl, sift together flour, baking powder and soda, cinnamon and salt.
Add flour mixture to egg mixture and combine well.
Stir in grated zucchini.
Spoon batter into muffin pan.
Bake 45 to 50 minutes (until toothpick comes out clean-ish) for 12 normal-sized muffins.
Reduce baking time for 24 mini-muffins, I found 35 minutes worked well.
Cool 10 minutes and remove from pan.
(To make gluten-free, use the same quantity of a gluten-free all purpose baking powder like Bob's Red Mill, and add 3/4 tsp Xanthum Gum)

Martha!!
ReplyDeleteThey look wonderful! I bet they taste even better!
ReplyDeleteYum! Happy Birthday Sweet Pea!
ReplyDeletethnks for posting the recipe - and I love the effec of the dollop of icing
ReplyDeletecan't wait to try them out
They do look good... and everything is better with a dollop of icing. Hope you all had a fabulous birthday weekend!
ReplyDeleteWaiting for birthday party posts!!!
ReplyDeleteMaybe tomorrow, Lianne! I've got four gazillion pictures to go through and process....
ReplyDelete