www.flickr.com
mosey|kim's items Go to mosey|kim's photostream

Monday, November 9, 2009

Weekend Food and Culture

After days of rain, the sun finally emerged on Saturday. After exhausting ourselves watching Sweetpea play soccer, we decided to play tourist and started with brunch at Cliff House. The food in the bistro is hit or miss but you can't beat the stellar views of Ocean Beach, and the surf was so insanely high even the die-hard surfers were avoiding going in.


These two like to snuggle. A lot.

Afterward the wind blew us around the building to take in the views and exclaim over the aforementioned surf.








Then off to the Legion of Honor, famous not only for its Rodin sculptures and collection of European paintings (not to mention its current "Post Mortem" exhibition which had an actual mummy, thrilling Sweetpea), but for its stellar setting overlooking the Pacific. One of our favourite places to hang out and a must-visit if you ever come to San Francisco.


My folks getting down with Rodin's The Three Shades.

"Hey, it looks like Daddy!"

Portrait of Paul Mounet by Louis Maurice Boutet de Monvel (photo by my Dad).

This is one of my favourite paintings that I spend at least five minutes in front of every time I visit. Her expression kills me.

The Broken Pitcher by Adolphe-William Bouguereau.

I couldn't decide if this guy was worried or disgruntled. Probably disgrunted by his bad perm.
I'd be pissed too.

Self-portrait of Coysevox.

We're now back to less cultural pursuits like shopping for birthday and Christmas presents, and preparing for a certain almost six year old's birthday this Friday.

6 comments:

  1. This post is so full of fabulous pictures I don't know where to start.
    I think 'Daddy's' pic is priceless but The Broken Pitcher is simply haunting. This blog just gets better and better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful post! I really enjoyed it. I love all the art and great photos. I think the one of Sweetpea and English hubby is my favorite.
    I like the short little video as well. It was enough to make me want to sit and push play over and over again so I can listen to the ocean. I could LIVE on the beach!
    I do hope Sweetpea has a great birthday! Mckayla's birthday is tomorrow! We're having a big party for her Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the pics too - I do want to get to Cliff House on my next visit...how have I missed doing that? (Mind you, after checking their website, I have to say that I much prefer the Cliff House at the turn of the 18th century.)

    Love the pic of mom and dad looking at sculpture!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photos. You've inspired me to visit the Legion of Honour. That one of english hubby is amazing! My mother bought a poster of "The Broken Picture" on one of our visits over 20 years ago. It's been hanging in her house ever since. It is truly lovely. Glad your having a good time with the grandparents!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pics. It looks like a lovely day, it makes me miss the OR coast. The expression on the girl in the painting is beautiful. And I would be pissed with that perm too!

    Can't believe Sweetpea is going to be 6! Hope you all have a great b-day weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The pic of 'Daddy' is priceless! Love it!! Hehehe..

    ReplyDelete

Happy you're here ... please say hello.

Related Posts with Thumbnails