www.flickr.com
mosey|kim's items Go to mosey|kim's photostream

Thursday, June 17, 2010

first day of summer...

...and out came the pool.


first day of summer..., originally uploaded by à la mosey.

This year, however, I wised up and bought an electric pump. Which saved me from the back and arm breaking exhaustion of the hand pump, but has deafened me and probably most of the neighbourhood. Which is handy for blocking out a certain kindergarten graduate (as of yesterday!) singing at the top of her lungs in the other room.

Like my own six year old self of thirty-*cough cough*-something years ago, Sweetpea was delighted with both the freedom of summer and also the catering to her every whim (popsicles! floaty! come play with me! come play with me more! make the water warmer, mummy! how about another popsicle?!) which I will have you know is lasting exactly today and no further. I gave her a day's grace since she was inconsolable after saying good-bye to her teacher and to school for the summer. Nutty kid.

Moods are on the upswing around these parts, you'll be happy to hear. If only so you don't have to hear me whining about allergies and crankiness and wah wah wahhhhhh.......

Go HERE to watch a feel-good viral hug. I dare you not to smile.

6 comments:

  1. Glad you are feeling better. Go soak your feet in that pool and enjoy that lovely child. :) ♥tlb

    ReplyDelete
  2. 10:15 pm and just finished work, but I'm smiling now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome retro looking pic!

    I'm very glad that sweetpea is enjoying summer! Maybe as she gets older, and school gets harder, she wont be so reluctant to leave...

    The hug video was great! I did smile :) Especially at the end when my husband came in and said, "is that your mom"? LOL, NO!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think as a kid I loved the freedom of summer for exactly one day and then the boredom set in and I longed for school again--perhaps that marked the beginning of my extreme nerdiness.

    So happy to hear that you are feeling better.

    The photo does have a retro feel to it, very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! Summer is such a wondrous time of year! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gosh, I loved summer breaks... I sure would like a "me me me" day, right now, or maybe tomorrow. You are kind. Your daughter is a lucky girl.

    ReplyDelete

Happy you're here ... please say hello.

Related Posts with Thumbnails