www.flickr.com
mosey|kim's items Go to mosey|kim's photostream

Friday, June 11, 2010

in the tall grasses

Who is that in the tall grasses singing
By herself, near the water?
I can not see her
But can it be her
Than whom the grasses so tall
Are taller,
My daughter,
My lovely daughter?
--Irving Layton



in the tall grasses, originally uploaded by à la mosey.


(Dedicated to Anne Marie, who pointed me to this delicious poem which evoked so perfectly the photo I took yesterday...)

7 comments:

  1. Lovely sentiment - my sister is pursuing a poetry theme, I believe. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, but only because I don't have an original thought in my head at the moment. Poetry fills the gaps....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely photo and sentiment. I don't believe that you do not have an original thought. Yours are always very real and insightful. Thank you again for the inspiration to add some haiku.

    Stay sweet. ♥ tlb

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm delighted that the poem struck a chord with you -- and I had an open mouth aw moment when I saw the picture.

    I taught that poem for years with Gr. 12s -- but it became ever so much more poignant these last few years as I watch my daughter grow up at mock speed.

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the photo-poem pairings. I don't have original thoughts in my head or poems...

    facebook?

    ReplyDelete

Happy you're here ... please say hello.

Related Posts with Thumbnails