www.flickr.com
mosey|kim's items Go to mosey|kim's photostream

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Team-Up Thursday

During my month taking part in Picture Spring, I was lucky to "meet" some lovely ladies online - talented photographers who inspired me to try harder than my usual shoot-from-the-hip style. Tammy was one of those ladies, and I am almost daily blown away by her leaps ahead of me in producing beautiful images.

This week we partnered in the Team-Up Thursday project, the theme being "Water". I took hundreds of photos of waves and surfers in San Francisco Bay, trying to keep the Golden Gate Bridge in the composition somewhere. I thought I'd need something iconic to make me look good.

But in the end, I liked this one for its simplicity.


waiting for a dog, originally uploaded by à la mosey.

Tammy is located on the opposite side of the continent in Florida and I was sure she was going to come up with something stunning for me to measure up to. She doesn't disappoint. Here is her gorgeous photo - just look at those clouds!


With the Tides, originally uploaded by Tammy Lee Bradley.

Because we are bi-coastal, we thought we'd do a little extra photo showing us dipping our toes across the continent from one another - from the Atlantic to the Pacific! Here's mine, and yes the water was freezing.


sfbay, originally uploaded by à la mosey.


See Tammy's post here, and our diptych here.

13 comments:

  1. these are beautiful pictures. i love yours with the lonely tennis ball waiting to be found by a dog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Water always lifts my spirit ...I love both your compositions!

    ReplyDelete
  3. water, water, the balm for our tired bodies and spirits.

    love the curves in your beach shot.

    no doubt your sister will have a few water shots in a few days.

    Welcome summer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loves the angle of the shot and you can almost grab the bubbles in the surf! Beautiful! Love the Florida shot as well I miss Florida!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your foot shot better. :) Very good collaboration!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great choice! I follow Tammy's blog, so found yours. I'm also in the S.F. Bay Area - live just north of Half Moon Bay and love your pictures.
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete
  7. They're all lovely shots. I love yours with the tennis ball and the bubbles and ripples in the water. The other with the boat is a classic--very nicely done--the team thing is a cool idea.

    ReplyDelete
  8. When you described making all of your photos of waves and surfers and ending with an image so different from your initial intention, I was right there with you. This happens to me so often. I kind of like it.
    Opting for simplicity worked, the title too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks all!

    Rinda, I saw your comment on Tammy's blog too... you may have it figured out already, but both my photos were taken on the beach at Crissy Field. Thanks for stopping by...

    ReplyDelete
  10. How the hell did you take the foot shot?

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Scottish Lass: very carefully, given that the waves kept trying to wash right over my camera. Let's just say I needed my chiropractor when I was done.

    ReplyDelete
  12. welcome to Team-Up -- glad to have you two on board! love these two shots together. especially love the well-loved tennis ball, obviously the dog's favorite toy:). i know how cold that pacific can be...it's even frostier up the coast here in oregon:).

    ReplyDelete

Happy you're here ... please say hello.

Related Posts with Thumbnails