www.flickr.com
mosey|kim's items Go to mosey|kim's photostream

Thursday, August 5, 2010

i mis you allrede

I'm off to Blogher.  I'm nervous with excitement at the thought of a weekend away.  In New York City, no less.  Like a real grownup.  Actual conversations might take place that have a start, middle and conclusion.  I may have a cocktail (or two).  I'm determined to get over my slight terror at meeting new friends, bloggers who I have admired from a safe distance since the inception of my own blog.  Thankfully, both my sister and my friend Scottish Lass will be there too, to drag me out of my hotel room and swat me across the back of my head when I need it.


And.  This may be hard to believe, but it will be the first time I have been away - alone - from Sweetpea.  English hubby and I have stolen away for a night or two here and there over the years, and English hubby has travelled on his own away from us, but never me until now.  I confess to slight anxiety, which I find surprising.  I adore my child but I'm also pragmatic and thoroughly enjoy my time away from her.  But it has never been as far away or for as long as this (four whole days!).

She is obviously feeling similarly, as I have been smothered with love and kisses for the last 24 hours, have been given a drawing to tuck in my suitcase, and was also gifted with this goodbye note on her whiteboard.  There I am, happily going through security at the airport, suitcase in tow.


Be back soon, my honey.  In the meantime, have some fruit and veggies amongst the many pasta dishes you'll no doubt be eating, and be good to English daddy.

NYC, here I come!

+ + + + + + + +

My first post at Mortal Muses is today, on the theme "stay cool". Come and visit!

Addendum:  "Team Up Thursday" is on hold as Tammy and I get up to speed with Mortal Muses.  (Tammy is the brainchild for Mortal Muses, by the way)  Check her latest post in tribute to our collaboration.  Thanks, my friend!

12 comments:

  1. Ahhhh. She is SO cute.

    No worries, sis, I think you will be JUST fine. ;-)

    Lianne
    P.S. Who cannot believe after thinking back on this that you haven't been away from your daughter all this time. wow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm TOTALLY going to blogher next year. TOTALLY.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have fun in NYC.
    And go out and meet faboulus people.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a blast in NYC!!! Can't wait to hear all about it when you return!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So lucky. Maybe next year we can hit it all together!! Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness...she is really a special little thing, and so so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can hardly look at sweetpea's drawing, I am so blinded by jealousy... have fun! I wish I could have gone...

    my word verif is "regisoh" if that doesn't just scream NYC!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enjoy and thanks for stopping by my place! I'll be back and say hi again!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm just tuning in an realizing that you've been gone. You may be back by now? Can't wait to here all about it. Let's try to get together for a grown up drink or two or even a day with the kids! Bet your having fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so glad we got to meet and spend some time together. :)

    Dude. You didn't hide at all. Am highly impressed. So...when's San Diego? Sigh. Am missing you guys.

    ReplyDelete

Happy you're here ... please say hello.

Related Posts with Thumbnails