As of today, the summer camp schedule is done. Getting dirty is obviously a theme for Sweetpea - when I picked her up today she dragged me down a muddy trail to demonstrate how to make face paint from a soft stone and grimy creek water. She is a kitty cat, in case you can't decipher her fine work.
Afterward, we went to the beach (cold and chilly) and I watched her do her thing. Gathering up bits and pieces of this and that, making an art project, looking warm as toast in her thin shirt while I shivered in my downy vest.
This next week she's all mine until I lose her to the schedule of school and extracurricular activities. I plan to make the most of it by not scheduling anything other than watching her do her thing, and going along for the ride.
+ + + + + + + + + +
My mortal muses post for Saturday is up - theme: around the house.


And taking lots of pictures of this beautiful child!!
ReplyDeletea week and a half --- when did you start your summer -- was that much before us???
ReplyDeleteyou've had a busy one with all the travels and travellers -- perhaps back to school and work will be a bit of a rest --- nahhhh.
Enjoy your mommy and me camp next week.
Such a darling girl! We have a week left. Not that I'm counting!
ReplyDeleteSounds lovely and relaxing. going back to school must be bittersweet.
ReplyDeleteA good plan.
ReplyDeleteWonderful plan!
ReplyDeleteLove those photos!
gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous.
ReplyDeletegorgeous girl, gorgeous pictures, gorgeous writing.
Us too. We have two weeks and I hope, if I can keep my impatience in check, to enjoy letting them lead the way. Wish we could hang out and do it together. Also, gulp, two weeks until...Kindergarten!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great idea and how admirable to just savor this time with Sweetpea. I think you won't have many regrets about that when she is older...
ReplyDeleteHi, you could try using rice flour...
ReplyDeleteI ended up with a Nikon D90 and I LOVE it! It's just right for what I do although I do envy the superior quality or your images. :)
Love your attitude Kim! And I love the photos too. Enjoy the next week!!!
ReplyDeleteThose are precious!!!
ReplyDelete