This video is one of the most breathtaking pieces of art I've ever watched. The artist is a woman who won the Ukraine "Got Talent" and she tells a story manipulating sand with her hands on a glass table. You could argue whether what she does is actually "animation" per se, but it's a breathing, living piece. From what I've been able to ascertain, it tells the story of life in the Ukraine during World War II. The final words she writes are "You are always near", and it ends with the fall of Hitler and the end of the war. Artist: Kseniya Simonova
And while we're at it, I'll include a link for another piece of animation that I've loved for a long time:
A Love Story in Stop Motion. Artist: Carlos Lascano.
Enjoy, and happy weekend!
(Thank you to my friend Deb, who pointed me to the sand animation piece...)
It's nice to see someone else "out" on a Friday night! the sand story is breathtaking, what she does is amazing. It is so interesting to see the impact on the audience as well--a shared history. I am glad you shared it, I don't think I would have found it otherwise.
ReplyDeleteIt is cool to get a feel for what other people (you in this case) get passionate about.
I like the Love Story too. And on a totally superficial note, Carlos Lascano is kind of cute... or am I just a sucker for those latino artistic types?
Thank you. That was astonishing. The kids were amazed as well. I love showing them different kinds of art. Thanks again to you and Deb! A great start to the day.
ReplyDelete