www.flickr.com
mosey|kim's items Go to mosey|kim's photostream

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Purge

This post comes to you courtesy of Scottish Lass who, given my lack of attention to this space lately, tonight on Facebook told me to "get to it".

The truth of the matter is, my mind is a vacuum. I've been doing a house/clutter purge and it is so mind-numbing that it has resulted in me not having an intelligent thought in my head. But in the interest of getting my brain back in gear, especially since upcoming work projects will require full functionality, please join me on a trip into Sweetpea's past.

As I was digging through her closet today, making piles of old baby clothes and gear, I found a pile of paper on a top shelf that on closer inspection turned out to be her infant feeding schedule. It's scintillating stuff. Let me share a few entries:
(actual breastfeeding times omitted to save you from snooze-inducing boredom)

Nov18
9:54 - very restless, tough to sleep. all patience gone.
1:43 - vomited in crib
4:28 - we like pampers.
10:09 - peed and pooped all over the place. Biggest poo yet.

Still with me? It gets better.

Nov22
11:28 - a little poo, a little pee. something for everyone.
6:50 - tiny poo. hardly worth bothering
10:42 - big humongous have to change her sleeper poop
Dec1
8:06 - 15 minute screaming fit. threw up entire feed. screamed some more.
Dec10
4:40 - first bottle. somewhat successful.
Dec24
10:08- 10 minutes of loud shouty mouth.
Apr11
2:30 - first formula
2:31 - green jelly-like poo
Jun18
9:16 - TOOTH!

You see? I've contributed to your own braincell reduction now. But somewhat appropriate if you're a parent, because you'll remember how completely fried you were in that first month or two and how life became micro-focused on the small details.

This purge is moving me forward in small steps too. I never kept a baby book or journal for Sweetpea (although her life is extremely well-documented in photographs), and releasing all this clutter is allowing me to target a few highlights (not poo-related) and start a keepsake box of milestones in her life up until now. Note: the feeding schedule is getting shredded.


burp

I bid you good night. Scottish Lass, you asked for it.

5 comments:

  1. I remember worrying A LOT about the pooh while we were in China...

    biggest highlight was after a suppository adventure -- I was treated to seven hard green golf balls.

    Julia loves to hear that story.

    PS verifcation word is ousta -- appropriate for my post on many levels... hee hee

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too was - patiently - waiting for the next post. I love your wedding photo, but can only look at it so many times!

    And too, I have extreme difficulty purging things that I think may remind me of these tiny (poopy or not) moments that passed so quickly. I'm getting better at it though. Today I read in one of older daughter's homework assignments that "my mom is keeping things really clean right now". Hmm - does that say something about how things were before?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Mosey Along,
    I am delighted that my encouraging words were so effective.
    This piece is funny, insightful and thought provoking.
    I look forward to Part Two.
    Sincerely,
    Scottish Lass

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's good to see you back (not that you were "gone" all that long). What a doll that Sweetpea as a baby! Oh, I remember those days! If my experience serves as any guide, all the moments between the ones you have down involved breastfeeding.

    ReplyDelete

Happy you're here ... please say hello.

Related Posts with Thumbnails