www.flickr.com
mosey|kim's items Go to mosey|kim's photostream

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Stop Look and Listen

Title references the song Sweetpea's kindergarten teacher sings to get the attention of the children before they clean up what they're doing and move onto a new task. It's unbelievably effective and I wish it would work on Sweetpea at home, but she just looks at me with a furrowed brow if I try it.



The excitement never stops around here. First, enjoy the sparkle of my purged refrigerator. A thing of beauty, no? I finally found where that hard-to-define stench was coming from - spilled jam and flaky bits of old milk gets into the darndest places.

Next, Sweetpea is home today with a fever and a *cough-cough-cough-cough-cough*. Do you think she knew I was going to take a break from the purge today to have coffee with a friend? I suppose this means I'm actually going to have to finish cleaning her closet.

But all is not gloom and doom, for I am here to announce a GIVEAWAY on Tuesday next week! It's a delightful item which ranks high on the Sweetpea-O-Meter, which means your children (or nieces and nephews or kid down the street) will like it. It's something I was involved in helping create, so I'm excited to share it here.


sneak peek

Giveaway disclaimer:
I don't receive any remuneration for the random and infrequent giveaways I do here on moseyalong. I have a creative group of colleagues and friends, and the giveaways I offer are usually something I enjoy or own myself, or in this case, a project I was personally involved in.


9 comments:

  1. oooh a giveaway! I can't wait to see what it is. That's too bad Sweetpea is sick, and hope it's not swine related. Your fridge looks lovely, I should start a purge (as soon as I have time). Do you like the freezer-on-the- bottom fridge? I hope I can enlarge it and see what you guys eat--that sounds way more exciting than working on my dissertation (which is coming along despite my constant attempts to distract myself)

    Isn't it always time for wine? ok, maybe not always, but it's Friday! You should have a glass to celebrate Chile's independence day (which is today)--I'll even recommend a good Chilean wine if you want.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is that a couple of Coronas I see on the top shelf????? Now THOSE would go over well for someone who apparently broke her toe this morning.

    Good work, K!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry friends of K - I didn't mean to imply that K broke her toe today. That was solely the brilliance of her accident prone sister.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wallaby organic yogurt (vanilla for Sweetpea. Organic valley OJ. Lots of ginger ale (Canada Dry, but of course). Smithwicks Ale (and yep, a few Corona's). Gluten-free bread and some Kozy Shack (GF) pudding for sugar cravings. Lots of fruit and veg. Organic cheddar slices, proscuitto, mozzarella. That's a basic mosey fridge.

    And I do like the freezer on the bottom. We don't eat a lot of meat or frozen veggies, so I'm not in there much. We keep bread, waffles, popsicles and Applegate Chicken Apple Sausages in there, pretty much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is the kid better yet - I really need that cup of coffee ;0)

    @Lianne - hope you're not too hobbled.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahem, what I meant to say was - awww poor sweatpea. I hope she feels much better and when she is I would love to meet you for coffee...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love clean fridges! Your's looks delightful! What an accomplishment. I wish I could drink coffee...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey, I know that eyeball. ;)
    Hope your daughter is feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That fridge needs more beer. Also, a tip: I've found that if you just ignore the stench, it eventually goes away. Sometimes takes months, but you just have to be persistent in your refusal to clean. And only suckers give in when the milk carton gets stuck to the shelf.

    ReplyDelete

Happy you're here ... please say hello.

Related Posts with Thumbnails