www.flickr.com
mosey|kim's items Go to mosey|kim's photostream

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Nine Years



Nine years and about three and a half months ago, English hubby asked me to marry him. To which I answered, "You're kidding, right?" Poor guy. I made him ask me again later so that I could answer yes a little more appropriately and help heal his bruised ego.

Nine years and three months ago, we bought our house.

Nine years and two months ago, we spent a whirlwind week in Canada planning the wedding. (Caterer, nice Victorian B&B venue, flowers, the works. One week.)

Nine years and one month ago, a friend sniffled as she helped me pick out my off-the-rack wedding dress and thank goodness she was there otherwise I probably would have given up and worn jeans instead.

Nine years and two weeks ago, our hamster died just before we flew to Canada for the wedding.

And nine years ago today, English hubby and I stood in front of just a few friends and our families on a dewy green lawn and said our I do's.

Happy Anniversary, my sweet.

11 comments:

  1. Congratulations! and I am sorry to hear about your hamster ;-( You, know, if you ever feel up to the trip downmemory lane (and I can't remember if you have already written about it), I would love to read the story of how you met/became a couple--I love those stories and I am so nosy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy anniversary you two!

    you would have looked just as beautiful and happy if you were wearing jeans. And there still would have been sniffling...

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a lovely post -- I love countdowns and flashbacks like that --

    what a wonderful photo -- who took that?-- could English hubby manage to pose and smile and take a wonderful shot -- does his amazing camera do all that.

    how are you celebrating?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought about doing our "history" for this post Annje, but I only had about 10 minutes (which included me furiously digging through archives for a wedding photo - which AM, was taken by a hired photographer found in that one week in July!). I'll try to get hubby to help me write it at some point since my memory is hazy on some of the details. Sad, sad....

    We're making Sweetpea take us out for pizza to celebrate.

    ReplyDelete
  5. all this time you've been married?

    ReplyDelete
  6. My very favourite of your wedding couple shots - it so speaks to the tone, style and naturalness (is that word) of your relationship and that entire beautiful day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Has it come to pizza for a celebration? Well, I guess with all the love and happiness of a family that's really all you need. You guys look wonderful! I do hope you thoroughly enjoy your anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful tribute to a wonderful day and life! Love the photo.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy anniversary. I love how you kept your wedding so simple. If only we could all have been so wise.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Anniversary! You look beautiful and very happy in the photo. *smile*

    ReplyDelete

Happy you're here ... please say hello.

Related Posts with Thumbnails