I was born on this day 43 years ago, late in the evening.
My mother claims I moseyed from birth as they waited all day for my arrival.
My favourite colour is blue. But sometimes yellow. And often red.
I have a daughter, known here as Sweetpea, who is 6.
I have known my English hubby for 13 years and have been married to him for 9.
I resist labels, but call myself an artist.
One who can create stories through animation and editing and occasionally drawing.
And maybe writing.
I would like to go to film school.
I would like to edit a full length documentary.
I think I may even want to make a film.
I process emotions inwardly.
As a result I fly off the handle occasionally.
When I need to let off steam, I play Rage Against the Machine full blast and stomp and holler through my house. And sometimes yell in my car.
I consider myself lazy, but my best friend looks at me like I'm crazy when I say so.
I am stubborn and my blog name represents the speed at which I normally operate.
I don't hold grudges and can be trusted with any secret.
I don't get excited. Much.
However, a beautiful piece of art or writing can strike me silent.
And make me want to create something.
If there is a lake or river nearby, I will go in it no matter how cold it is. Water is life.
Melancholy is part of my life but does not define me, as I am more frequently filled with joy.
Even when I'm moaning about my day to day complaints.
I am happiest with the sun and the breeze in my hair, doing something inconsequential.
I marvel over my daughter and love to listen to her dreams.
I occasionally feel guilty that she will not have a sibling given how much she wants one, and lightly and fleetingly grieve that she will be my only child.
But I'm also utterly content that my family is complete.
Because I don't think I could do it all over again.
I'm grateful that my husband is first and foremost my friend.
And that he thinks I'm a good photographer, even though his own photography is exquisite.
I love my family and friends with my whole heart.
And am filled with gratitude that they love me back even when I'm cranky.
Which is often.
I'm grateful for this blog which gave me a voice,
and for the blogs I read and friends I've made who let me see the world through their eyes.
And for those of you who come here to listen to my ramblings.
Thank you.
My mother claims I moseyed from birth as they waited all day for my arrival.
My favourite colour is blue. But sometimes yellow. And often red.
I have a daughter, known here as Sweetpea, who is 6.
I have known my English hubby for 13 years and have been married to him for 9.
I resist labels, but call myself an artist.
One who can create stories through animation and editing and occasionally drawing.
And maybe writing.
I would like to go to film school.
I would like to edit a full length documentary.
I think I may even want to make a film.
I process emotions inwardly.
As a result I fly off the handle occasionally.
When I need to let off steam, I play Rage Against the Machine full blast and stomp and holler through my house. And sometimes yell in my car.
I consider myself lazy, but my best friend looks at me like I'm crazy when I say so.
I am stubborn and my blog name represents the speed at which I normally operate.
I don't hold grudges and can be trusted with any secret.
I don't get excited. Much.
However, a beautiful piece of art or writing can strike me silent.
And make me want to create something.
If there is a lake or river nearby, I will go in it no matter how cold it is. Water is life.
Melancholy is part of my life but does not define me, as I am more frequently filled with joy.
Even when I'm moaning about my day to day complaints.
I am happiest with the sun and the breeze in my hair, doing something inconsequential.
I marvel over my daughter and love to listen to her dreams.
I occasionally feel guilty that she will not have a sibling given how much she wants one, and lightly and fleetingly grieve that she will be my only child.
But I'm also utterly content that my family is complete.
Because I don't think I could do it all over again.
I'm grateful that my husband is first and foremost my friend.
And that he thinks I'm a good photographer, even though his own photography is exquisite.
I love my family and friends with my whole heart.
And am filled with gratitude that they love me back even when I'm cranky.
Which is often.
I'm grateful for this blog which gave me a voice,
and for the blogs I read and friends I've made who let me see the world through their eyes.
And for those of you who come here to listen to my ramblings.
Thank you.
(And to Maggie May, who did this first with more eloquence, I hope you don't mind me being a copycat.)

You are the ultimate of calm tranquillity compared with your sister. ;-) Just one of the many many things that I love about you.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy every moment of today.
What a beautiful and eloquent self-portrait. Happy 43rd! I hope you have a wonderful day. It has been a pleasure getting to know you via blog.
ReplyDeleteThat was beautiful! I loved it. It paints such a good picture of who you are. Happy birthday!
ReplyDeleteMy goodness, I don't know how you found me but I'm so excited that you did. Your blog is going to be such a treat to follow! :) Beautiful pictures and writing.
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday! You are an amazing friend and woman. Awe inspiring and talented. And you go see vampire movies with me!
ReplyDeleteA wonderful inventory of your being -- thank you for sharing it with all of us.
ReplyDeleteWishing you many blessings this year -- can't wait to spend time with you in China :)
43????
ReplyDeleteHow is it you look 33?
Hi, um I'm sorry I don't know your name. I just saw your comment this morning on Finslippy and wanted to say thanks for your comment about having "just the one".
ReplyDeleteWhile I feel like I'm done, I still feel guilty that my daughter has no sibling. Chance and choice don't often agree, and now that chance has played such a big role in this, I now feel that choice is the reason she doesn't have one. She is all I could ever have dreamed of, she is my miracle.
Thank you for your words, I no longer feel so alone.
I'm a bit late here, but I wanted to say "happy birthday!" regardless. I like your list (LOVE lists).
ReplyDeleteOh Mosey, I love this post. You are so eloquent and I find you to be such an amazing person. I cannot wait until the day we meet. I am so very thankful that the universe (and the internet heh heh) brought us together. I hope you had a wonderful celebration.
ReplyDelete