Do not be afraid to go out on a limb ... That's where the fruit is. -- Anonymous
She is without fear and she reminds me daily to seize every moment. I don't, most of the time, but that I occasionally do is fully her doing. Like me at her age, she is up in a tree whenever possible, which makes me hopeful that these experiences wash her spirit clean too.
Or eventually will.
Why are there trees I never walk under
but large and melodious thoughts descend upon me?
-- Walt Whitman , Song of the Open Road
but large and melodious thoughts descend upon me?
-- Walt Whitman , Song of the Open Road

That is a gorgeous photo. I love how kids are fearless, I wish I remembered that feeling.
ReplyDeleteI commented on this picture on English Hubby's flickr. I love, love, love it! I also love fearless Sweatpea!
ReplyDeleteGreat shot hubby! Love the quotes!
ReplyDeletean inspiring shot and a wonderful sentiment -- can relate totally
ReplyDeleteMy missy has more spunk and drive than I ever had -- it's a challenge to me now sometimes when I think we should be doing otherwise -- but it also makes me hopeful for her future -- that she will be a strong woman who will know her own mind.
I think Sweetpea is well on her way to that as well. Won't we be proud and inspired when we see them all grown up.
Maybe you can't take credit for the photo but you can for the gorgeous creature in it.
ReplyDeleteNow that IS a gorgeous shot (among many from your household).
ReplyDeleteI think that I am reasonably adventurous and daring...my problem seems to be that I don't find (or recognize?) the opportunities to display that side of me.
Hmm, will have to think on that.
I think you are having way too much fun with your new camera! Beautiful photo!
ReplyDelete