www.flickr.com
mosey|kim's items Go to mosey|kim's photostream

Friday, July 16, 2010

this photo has not been altered in any way



She really came home from her last day of camp that dirty.

After I gingerly picked her up with two fingers, tossed her in the tub and left her to soak for about two hours, there were at least three tablespoonfuls of dirt left in the tub after it drained. Most of it from her hair.

Needless to say, she had a blast. She was at a farm on the coast this week for daycamp. They fed and milked goats. They learned to pick up chickens (trickier than it sounds). They did nature potty. And if you have to ask what that means, you haven't been camping lately. They made cheese and bread and had a farmer's market to "sell" their wares today (their olive oil flatbread was delicious). They also made strangely misshapen candles (which I had to buy).

And yes. She won the prize for most dirty. I'm so proud.




Addendum:
The daycamp Sweetpea attended is called Slide Ranch. It's an organic teaching farm right on the coast north of San Francisco. If you live anywhere in the area and want your family to have an experience where growing food, caring for animals, and respect for the environment are the focus, I highly recommend it.

10 comments:

  1. Ok, you acn see that I have chosen to forgive you. :) She looks like she had a blast! I have a similar photo of Ryan but it was red gatorade stained into his skin. It was spilled in his tent and he slept in it. Yuck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Personally, getting dirty doing something this fun sounds absolutely glorious to me right now. Can't wait to see that face, no matter what the state of cleanliness!

    See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what kind of antics will she get into with her other two partners in crime --

    wishing you all a wonderful trip.....can't wait to hear the wonderful tales about the california girls....

    hey I should post that in honour of your trip....

    ReplyDelete
  4. How glorious it is to get dirty like this without even caring. Like we did when we were young. (How can we forget).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I guess you know how my mom used to feel. Slide Ranch seems like a great place.

    ReplyDelete
  6. that camp is AWESOME! i'd love to do a daycamp for Lola like that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. seems like she is having lots of fun and enjoying herself, looks good to see kids having a nice time

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow so cool. I'll have to look into camps like that around here (if they exist on the east coast!) when my tots are older. What fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow. How wonderful! Wonder if it's too late to sign up?

    ReplyDelete
  10. We live in Indiana so only YMCA day camp for my girls. It's a great camp ... yet I burn with envy :0)

    ReplyDelete

Happy you're here ... please say hello.

Related Posts with Thumbnails