Here are some of the candidates (more cellphone pics!), none of which of my Englishman approved:


I finally decided on these latté bowls from Anthropologie, because I liked the colour palette (which sort of went with the Denby's) and that we could buy a selection. I realized later they were familiar to me because of this post on nienie. So a nice little connection there. And a tradition I like.
As I sat at my computer this morning while Sweetpea ate some cheerios on the couch from one of the blue bowls in the living room (she's sick, and when you're sick in this house lounging on the couch with bowls of food is required), I heard the unmistakable shatter.
Tears, remorse. Oh dear.
When I asked what happened...
"...well, I was just taking it off my head..."
When I asked what happened...
"...well, I was just taking it off my head..."
Luckily, I still have a gift card with just enough on it for another bowl. Because we try not to cry over spilt milk in this house. Or broken bowls, for that matter.
p.s. Sweepea took some money out of her piggy bank to replace the bowl.
Beautiful set of dishes. I like the bowls too-- They seem to break a lot (according to Nienie's post). That is so responsible of your daughter to pay for it.
ReplyDeleteI think I saw a comment of yours once at CJane and I posted once here a while ago about making bread, but I was a little shy about linking to my blog. I think we had a similar inspiration to begin blogging