www.flickr.com
mosey|kim's items Go to mosey|kim's photostream

Friday, December 5, 2008

Everything in moderation. Or not.

Yesterday my prince of a husband took the day off to let me sleep in while he took Sweetpea to school, then took me to breakfast while he had new tires put on his Jeep, and then come back home to await delivery of his new Canon 5D Mark 2 while I opened my presents, which included a lovely apron from Anthropologie.

Wait a minute.

Is there something wrong with this picture? Well, no matter.

He is a prince of a husband, and we did have a lovely day.

However, I did end up having the most gargantuan breakfast burrito ever. And then wisely skipped lunch before we headed out for my birthday dinner at Joe's Taco Lounge, chosen by Sweetpea because they have chocolate layer cake and make the whole restaurant sing the happy birthday song. And before that chocolate cake I had a rock shrimp quesadilla which is not exactly low fat but too yummy a menu item to ignore.

So you would think when I woke up this morning that I would have decided moderation might be a smart choice, perhaps some lowfat yogurt and granola, but instead I put on my new apron while Sweetpea ran to get hers, and we made Banana Oatmeal muffins.

The bruised old brown bananas were just sitting there! What was I supposed to do??

Then I took a picture of the muffins with English hubby's expensive new 5D and posted the recipe I modified, originally found here.

Aren't I a good mommy blogger today? Don't get used to it.



Banana Oatmeal Muffins
  • 2 cups whole wheat flour
  • 1 cup quick cook oats
  • 3/4 cup brown sugar
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1 1/2 cups bananas, mashed (about 3 bananas)
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/3 cup melted butter
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  1. Preheat oven to 375°F
  2. In medium bowl, stir together dry ingredients. In a separate bowl, combine the mashed bananas, eggs, vanilla and butter. Add the banana mixture to the flour mixture, stirring just until the dry ingredients are moistened.
  3. Spoon batter into greased muffin tin. Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center muffin comes out clean. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes before removing.

4 comments:

  1. You won't see any pictures like that on my blog, and not because I'm lacking a Canon 5D. More power to you, sis!

    Lianne ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now you can get a job photographing for the cookbooks --- I too have some freckled bananas on my counter asking to be dealt with --- will give your recipe a try.

    hope mine are as pretty.

    Anne Marie

    ps -- I loved the photo of the serving dishes labelled !

    ReplyDelete
  3. That picture makes me jealous. I want an expensive camera v. the point-and-shoot I currently employ. I tell ya, getting the lighting just.right. is nearly impossible on a cloudy day. Or a sunny one, for that matter. {Sigh.}

    Regardless, I'm SO tickled to have you stop by my blog. And quite impressed that you used the term "prose" correctly. You must be a very educated writer. :)

    I'm excited to have found you and look forward to stopping in often and checking out your ramblings, recipes and the like. Happy Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey K, thanks for the recipe I can't wait to try it with MacLean. can't wait to see the tree pics!
    Shauna

    ReplyDelete

Happy you're here ... please say hello.

Related Posts with Thumbnails