www.flickr.com
mosey|kim's items Go to mosey|kim's photostream

Monday, December 15, 2008

That's gratitude for you

Driving home from the post office, my daughter's comment after we saw a cheerful man with a black dog on a leash and a puppy in his arms:

"Mumma, sometimes I wish I was a pet so I could be loved and taken care of."

My only slightly passive aggressive question as to whether she didn't feel loved and cared for was answered with "yes, but pets get more".




p.s. rear view mirror photo taken while stopped at a traffic light. Just in case you were wondering.

2 comments:

  1. hah! Right with you on the slightly disgruntled reaction. Yesterday, my two said that if they had one wish they would ask for "FairlyOdd Parents" (for those of you not in the know, that's an animated show about a boy who has 2 fairy god-parents).

    When I asked what was wrong with the mom they have, they grinned and said, "well you can't grant us all our wishes, can you?!"

    Hmmph.

    L.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, lovely little thing. Don't kids say the darndest things?!

    ReplyDelete

Happy you're here ... please say hello.

Related Posts with Thumbnails