www.flickr.com
mosey|kim's items Go to mosey|kim's photostream

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Light at the end of the tunnel.



It's the ending (almost) of a plethora of events around here.

Hallowe'en, Birthdays Birthdays Birthdays, Thanksgiving.

An 8 month animation and editing project is coming to a close (time to breathe....)

Fall came with its crisp bright days and went (okay so Winter Solstice isn't for a few more weeks but it's December, people!)

A month of visitors, deeply and dearly loved, have all returned to their homes leaving this one very quiet and empty.



My whisper week (yes, a week!) was at times difficult but surprisingly sweet and ended with some lessons learned about listening and being heard, feeling like I might be within grasping distance of learning to live my life with grace, and some moments of absolute contentment.


Christmas approaches and I find myself feeling a bit blue as I tend to do this time of year. But the nice thing about my infreqent bouts with melancholy is that I know they are fleeting. And with our Advent Calendar counting down the days, and my daughter's infectious excitement, I know my own anticipation will start to build.

And you know, when you can play balloon volleyball in the hall before bedtime, there's not much that's not right in the world.

1 comment:

Happy you're here ... please say hello.

Related Posts with Thumbnails