www.flickr.com
mosey|kim's items Go to mosey|kim's photostream

Saturday, December 27, 2008

Christmas Wrap-Up

Not that it's all about opening gifts (although Sweetpea might disagree), here's a selection of photos from Christmas day. Thanks friends and family (and okay, Santa) for your generosity!

The day started with gloomy clouds, cracks of thunder, then rays of sunlight started breaking through revealing the most magnificent rainbow ever, before the sun won out and we had a glorious (but windy) day.

First Sweetpea opened her gift from Santa, and in the best spirit of receiving, would disappear for five or ten minutes to play with the current offering before coming back to open the next....


I get a check-up.


Then come the ballet-themed gifts...


A fun globe...


Then I receive one of my most touching gifts -
my grandmother's recipe box with her typewriter-created and sometimes hand-written recipes. Thanks Mum.


Bedtime story by the fire (followed by a power outage),
and off to dreamland.


And that is IT for Christmas pictures! Thank you all, and on to 2009 (and back to regular blogging.... )

4 comments:

  1. K, looks like a wonderful day spent with your family. Thanks for sharing. Love the recipe box, that is a very special gift.

    Enjoy and happy new year.
    Shauna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pics of my beautiful ballerina...and as the recipient of the other handed down recipe box (I'll have to post a pic of that on my blog too), I also was delighted with that gift..I spent time on Christmas day going right through it and saying, "oh yes! Nanny and Aunite Myrt wereso good at that one...have to try it!" (K, dad says he wants to have icebox cake, so I may try it!!!!)

    Love to all,

    Lianne

    ReplyDelete
  3. glad both sisters got recipe boxes -- -was worried there for a second that the sister whom I have come to know as a kitchen maven (labelling serving dishes, sharing recipes on her blog, showing us her lovely dishes) got the recipe heriloom. Can't wait for the baker of the crayon cookies to allow us to sample her wares, courtesy of the bakers/cooks who have gone before her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh. Christmas.
    What would we do without pictures of our dear little babes to capture those fleeting memories?

    Hope your day was merry, merry, merry!

    ReplyDelete

Happy you're here ... please say hello.

Related Posts with Thumbnails