www.flickr.com
mosey|kim's items Go to mosey|kim's photostream

Thursday, April 29, 2010

cheer up, blog

Is my blog looking gloomy and dour? Isn't dour a great word?

Dour.

Say it with me. Daaowwwwerrrr.

My sister thinks the fence posts in the header look like gravestones. Do you agree? Do I need to swap them out for something like these sprightly dandelions?


the last dandelions, originally uploaded by à la mosey.

And one other thing, if you don't mind me asking, do you have a favourite post of mine?

In an effort to help new folks navigate around these parts a bit better, I've added a link in the sidebar called "get to know me", and included some of my own favourites. I'd love to add a few more that perhaps were memorable for you. If that's not too much to ask. Because who am I to take up your valuable time and brain power when all you probably remember are the great photos that English hubby takes anyway?

This post brought to you by an allergy-ridden blogger up half the night (and the last four or five nights) and now fueled by too much caffeine. But perky nonetheless.

12 comments:

  1. I think the banner is pretty, but I did think the fence posts were gravestones. I love the purple flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmmmmm.... i don't think i noticed the gravestones, but now that i look at them, they could be gravestones. and now all i see are gravestones.

    i'm always a fan of dandelions! spring is springing. i'm thinking of changing my blog header to my shoes in the grass. that wouldn't be stealing, would it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the fence posts. Of course, I would like them if they were gravestones too, I have always had a thing for cemeteries, especially old ones. Dandilions are more spring-like though, if that is a consideration. And I love that green color in the photo.

    I'll have to look through the archives and tell you some of my fav posts.

    my word verif is "apallin" which is a combo of Palin and apalling--so appropriate...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! My first reaction was to think they were fence posts, but of course now that you've asked, I see gravestones!

    I'm so happy to have found your blog and can't wait to peruse your archives and find a favorite post. So far, I love it's not her fault, because I can SO relate, and it's incredibly well written, to boot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hadn't seen the image before reading the "gravestones" comment so I don't know for sure, but yes I had to look at it for a while to turn it from gravestones to fenceposts. As for a replacement, when I did see them as fenceposts I liked how they fit with the "mosey along" idea, so you might want to look for an image that suggests journey ....

    Favorite post: "weekend portraits"

    Re: English hubby picture comment, don't sell yourself short.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the banner as it is -- very English country side is the feeling I get -- are those lupins from your garden?

    so many fav posts...

    when Sweet Pea ran away...

    the one about the nutcracker...

    the one about the tea cups

    ReplyDelete
  7. hee hee ...look what I started by a simple question.

    Just to clarify, I love the banner as is, but I do love this shot of dandelions.

    Yesterday, I was commenting to my two as to how lovely the yellow dandelions looks sprinkled as they were across the school lawns. My eldest said, "it's too bad they are weeds because I like them"...I responded, "then it doesn't matter what they are, you can just love them as they are."

    Wow. As I re-think that, that's kind of profound - glad I didn't realize it at the time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, and I still love "broken bowl"

    ReplyDelete
  9. My fav is "perspective" about the tea cups...remember that one? And maybe the fence looks a little like headstones, know that you mention it :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well I'm Scottish - dour is my middle name.
    It's in my genetic make up.
    So yes, I can see the dourness but it's beautiful dourness :0)
    The dandelion pic was stunning though - so you can't really go wrong.
    Fav post? Hmmmm.
    I'm going vintage with 'On This Day'

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm too late to weigh in on whether or not you should change your header, because it looks like you already have! And I love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. one of my fav posts was from Nov. 2008 and it was called Speechless! love all of them but that stands out in my mind.

    ReplyDelete

Happy you're here ... please say hello.

Related Posts with Thumbnails