www.flickr.com
mosey|kim's items Go to mosey|kim's photostream

Friday, April 16, 2010

spring break?


her way, originally uploaded by à la mosey. Legion of Honor, San Francisco

I'd like to know why exactly kindergartners need a spring break. I mean, really. Sweetpea loves school and resents every day that she isn't there. In fact today she asked me, in all seriousness, why she couldn't go to school all summer.

This week we have:
  • worked on her bike-riding skills (training wheels are still on, but she's getting the hang of it),
  • visited our favourite art gallery,
  • played tourist in San Francisco at the Hyde Street Pier with friends,
  • gone to the zoo,
  • practiced throwing and catching for her first softball game tomorrow,
  • drawn pictures about global warming (her new obsession after reading this book, which made her cry and inspired her to tell me yesterday that we need to buy an alternative fuel car),
  • shopped for sandals and summer clothes,
  • had playdates and
  • eaten serious amounts of ice cream.
I'm exhausted. When is my spring break?


giraffe spotting, originally uploaded by à la mosey. Oakland Zoo.


On another note, the lovely and talented Stacey at anymommy has submitted one of my posts for Blogher Voices of the Year, of which the top 20 chosen will read their posts at the Blogher '10 Community Keynote in New York City this August. Never mind that the event is sold out and I don't have a ticket (anyone? anyone?), I'm tickled pink that Stacey thought enough of my words to submit them.

To pay it forward, I'm submitting this little gem from Scottish Lass. If you'd like to nominate your own words or those of another blogger, go here for more information.


6 comments:

  1. okay -- way to rub it in about your spring break when I'm looking out my patio doors to see the snow accumulating on the patio table.... just that granular styrofoam snow -- but SNOW.

    April is the cruellest month.

    made me smile to see your giraffe pic though - love those buddies.

    and I second the nomination if necessary on your blogging talents --- was is one blog entry in particuar or your whole think....inquiring minds want to know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would it make you feel better if I told you I miss snow, AM? And just one post - see the link to "words" in the second last paragraph.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats, that is exciting. And she chose the perfect post, that is one of my favorites. I hope you win, and maybe they'll find you a hidden ticket somewhere...

    I hope you get a bit of a break soon ;-)

    my word verif is manik, which sounds like it describes your week

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for the link -- that was a great family tribute --- hoping that your grandmother is pulling for you from the other side....

    good on you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the submittal! Yay.

    Spring break is definitely not a break for parents even if is a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. She's very adventurous your wee one. My two were just looking forward to hangin' out in PJ's all day and playing Wii!! *grin* (which worked for me .... AND my wallet!!!).

    ReplyDelete

Happy you're here ... please say hello.

Related Posts with Thumbnails