Yes, that was my ode to John Denver.
Fifth in a series of photographs I'm taking as part of the Picture Spring project on Shutter Sisters.
The sun came out yesterday, I took Sweetpea and a friend to the park after school and basked for a few moments on the grass. There is nothing quite like that fresh mown lawn smell.
The spirits lift.....

Very nice! I signed up for Picture Spring project but can't get into the swing of things. Love what you are doing.
ReplyDeleteI have a very soft spot for John Denver songs. They make me think of my dad, so I don't care if they're a tad sappy. :) Glad you're feeling better!
ReplyDeleteNo shame in an ode to John Denver. Are we going to get to see the first 4 photos in the series?
ReplyDeleteI may feature them here from time to time, but if you want to watch them day by day (for the month of April), go to my Picture Spring flickr stream.
ReplyDeleteI'm a fan of John Denver -- since I was in Gr. 8 -- dating myself -- and a big fan of your photos.
ReplyDeletegreat shot --- and yes the cut grass thing -- apparently releases some endorphins -- good feelings all over -- unless you are allergic I guess --
our Easter sunshine is over now in Ontario -- rain now -- but not complaining since a year ago tomorrow we had a freak SNOW storm....
Hey, what are you shooting with? Hubbies D5? Or did you get a new camera? You've been taking great shots!
ReplyDeleteThanks Danielle - that means a lot coming from you. :)
ReplyDeleteHave a look over on my sidebar - "What cameras". I'm using my Panasonic Lumix GF1 almost exclusively now.
Fantastic Shot! Hopped on over from Picture Sping. Hope you are enjoying the class. Tam http:/bloggingbradleys.blogspot.com
ReplyDeletewhat a lovely photo. i agree about the smell of grass, it's instantly relaxing.
ReplyDeletewhy haven't we crossed paths before? i love this picture. gorgeous green. i love sneakers and jeans folding just right.
ReplyDelete