I know, it's a travesty isn't it? Good news... there's MORE rain coming tomorrow which will make it look all green and lovely again. Bad news... there's more rain coming.
Please tell me your life is more exciting than this.
I love little wild flowers but I also love the look of a cleanly mowed yard--so you win both ways. I hope the rain is rejuvenating but doesn't last long.
Sorry to disappoint, but my life is not more exciting than that...
I cannot use the word travesty anymore. In Spanish "travesti" (emphasis on the-ves' syllable) means cross-dresser and that is waht I always think of with that word--weird huh?
@Annje - that's hilarious. But sort of appropriate in a way - my front yard is cross-dressing as its well-groomed self. (It'll soon be back to an overgrown jungle)
But it did occur to me that "travesty" wasn't the right word after I wrote it - I was probably thinking of "tragic" or something similar...
I love before and after photos! It looks like you un-covered some treasures. The tulips and paving stones were just hidden under all that greenery waiting to come out.
Hahahaha!! Love it! Made me smile...and so early in the morning! :)
ReplyDeleteHmm, I like the groomed look. ;-) I've always wanted flagstones showing in my garden.
ReplyDeleteI love little wild flowers but I also love the look of a cleanly mowed yard--so you win both ways. I hope the rain is rejuvenating but doesn't last long.
ReplyDeleteSorry to disappoint, but my life is not more exciting than that...
I cannot use the word travesty anymore. In Spanish "travesti" (emphasis on the-ves' syllable) means cross-dresser and that is waht I always think of with that word--weird huh?
@Annje - that's hilarious. But sort of appropriate in a way - my front yard is cross-dressing as its well-groomed self. (It'll soon be back to an overgrown jungle)
ReplyDeleteBut it did occur to me that "travesty" wasn't the right word after I wrote it - I was probably thinking of "tragic" or something similar...
I now have wine down the front of my t-shirt.
ReplyDeleteFunny lady.
Is a wine stained t-shirt a qualifier for a more interesting life??
I spat it out laughing - was that clear?
ReplyDeleteI love before and after photos! It looks like you un-covered some treasures. The tulips and paving stones were just hidden under all that greenery waiting to come out.
ReplyDeleteAnd no. My life is not more exciting than that.
Awesome job. I need to do this same thing in our front yard...only we have really nasty crab grass to deal with :(
ReplyDeletehihihi... funny! good job on the weeding and nice meeting your blog ;)
ReplyDeleteThis post is such a great metaphor for so many things. No, life isn't always exciting, but on we go...
ReplyDeleteLook at you go! It looks gorgeous, how fun to have a path! Can't wait to see more photos of your lovely yard! xo katie
ReplyDeleteI can safely say this is exciting as my life has been. Between three kids, 9 dogs, work and the photo workshop - I am maxed out!
ReplyDelete