And then there are the times like at the park the other day with Sweetpea and my two nieces, where I held up my hand against the woodchips and made a shadow puppet. I took one photo.
And that's the one which was chosen to be featured on the Picture Summer section of Shutter Sisters yesterday (theme: exploring our inner-child). Spontaneity. I get it.
+ + +
This one of the three girls was not one of those - I must have had those poor kids jump 20 or 30 times. In the end, just a *teensy-tiny* bit of tweaking in Photoshop and I had my "jump" photo.
Fort Point, San Francisco
We're having fun playing tourist and otherwise just hanging out. And the fact that my sister and I are having a chance to gab and catch up and sleep past 7 a.m. (although not by much) and watch cooking and design shows while the girls entertain each other (for short periods of time, until the fighting breaks out) - I am a happy girl.



the inner child -- hurray for her -- glad she's getting to play some this week.
ReplyDeleteloved the fun jump shot -- did the tweeking involve getting them in the air at the same time??
just sent your sister a bunch of pics from our cottage time -- one of them was inspired by you -- wonder if you can figure which one it is....
Over-thinking it... Yup, that's me today. Mentally incapable of making a decision on which to post. I let a friend do it.
ReplyDeleteCongrats again on Shutter Sisters Feature!! Tam
Okay, don't overthink it. I like. Following your lead.
ReplyDeleteBoth photographs are great. I guess sometimes it just takes 1 exposure and sometimes it takes 50. I'd say more, but no overthinking allowed, right?
I love that shadow picture. It looks so cool!
ReplyDeleteI love the photo that was featured on Shutter Sisters! I'm amazed that something so seemingly simple works so well. :)
ReplyDeleteI'm also enjoying the "cousins" posts. They remind me of my childhood adventures/mischief-making. As long as American Girl dolls aren't getting knocked up, you're in the clear.
Congrats on the feature-photo. It is so fun to be able to hang out with sisters and cousins. It looks so cool (temp) there, I am envious.
ReplyDeleteWoo hoo!
ReplyDeleteNice job girlie.
Totally concur...no overthinking this vacation!
ReplyDeleteEnjoy the time with your sis and nieces!!!
ReplyDeleteThat spontaniety thing is good.
ReplyDeleteJumping off the ground....... gravity acting more on some.
Isn't that supposed to be a dog ? (the shadow)
Hurray! So proud of you to make the Shutter Sisters page! All your photos are lovely and deserve to be there!
ReplyDelete