www.flickr.com
mosey|kim's items Go to mosey|kim's photostream

Saturday, July 24, 2010

talking about the weather

According to etiquette, or so I hear, talking about the weather is a good way to break the ice. Since I'm attending Blogher for the first time in two short weeks and might have to actually venture out of my hotel room to meet new people, I thought I'd get in some practice. Luckily, both my sister and my friend Scottish Lass (in real life, and in blogland) will be coming so I'll have someone to both hide behind and steal good lines from.

In the meantime, this photo demonstrates why from day to day and sometimes even in the same day, you'll see my family in hoodies and windbreakers in one photo, and t-shirts and shorts in the next.


That fog (yes, it's fog) hovers over my house most of the summer (and is, as we speak). Under it we're talking goosebumps at 60 degrees Fahrenheit. But if we drive up Mt. Tam for about 40 minutes, we pop up above the fog and find ourselves in 90 degree temperatures like we were today.


English hubby looking cool in blasting heat. (hi honey)


Sweetpea (in fashionable hiking gear) and English hubby on the way to the top.

After a short hike up to the summit with all the girls, we basically stuck our heads right under the drinking fountain to cool off.


Sistah and nieces all cooled off.

Five hours ago I was on top of a mountain, red-faced from the heat with sweat dripping off my forehead. Now I'm cuddled on the couch with the furnace on and wondering whether English hubby might fetch my fuzzy socks from upstairs if I ask nicely.

And that's the weather. Good night, folks.
(Let me know if I bored you to tears. I've got two weeks to work on my delivery...)

10 comments:

  1. Mosey - my husband and I went to San Fran for our honeymoon almost a year ago - we were amazed at how cold we were! On the first day we wondered why so many people had the same fleece "San Francisco" sweatshirts - we quickly realized that they were all cold tourist like us!
    What a great hike - will have to check it out on my next trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it makes me think of Ireland and it's weather -- all sorts of weather and precipitation in one day -- but at least you get the heat...

    well done with the climb yesterday.

    And hoping weather in NYC cooperates....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I am sure you'll think of plenty of things to talk about besides the weather. That is fun that your sister and a friend are going too. I would die (or kill, maybe) for some 60 degree summer weather--all upper 90's and 90% humidity here... it drops down to mid 80s by midnight and then upper 70 as the early-morning LOW--I have never gotten used to it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to here all about blogher. I'm sure you will a wonderful conversationalist. You are such a good writer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love SF weather. I miss the fog now that we live in suburbia.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Talking about the weather -- boring? Not when you are writing about it! Your ability always blows me out of the water....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Our microclimates drive my husband crazy ~ especially the particular one we live in (hurricane gultch).

    Looking forward to our Cibo time ~ and I need to know more about Blogher!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looking forward to discussing the weather with you next week. ;-)

    And super cool about the new photography collaboration blog! I've never even been on Flicker before - but I'll try to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gosh, I know what you mean. We were in Larkspur the other day and it felt like I was a million miles away from SF.

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love the photo of your sisters and nieces- so sweet!

    ReplyDelete

Happy you're here ... please say hello.

Related Posts with Thumbnails