www.flickr.com
mosey|kim's items Go to mosey|kim's photostream

Monday, July 12, 2010

tea and a cookie


tea and a cookie, originally uploaded by à la mosey.

I took this photo two days ago for Picture Summer. I didn't have much time for my assignment that day (Sunday), so it was thrown together in a ten minute window before getting dinner started and before the sun disappeared behind the fog. Again.

I'm just posting it now because it so perfectly encapsulates all the things I like best - reading, sitting, food. And maybe my wooden Muskoka chair. And a little sunshine.

Plus, the book in the photo is A Homemade Life, one of my favourites - memoir plus food equals my kind of book. Plus the chocolate chips in the cookie melted on the cover, which I figured Molly (the author) would appreciate.

What are some of the things you like best? Daily indulgences that lift your spirit?

13 comments:

  1. That is such a pretty picture! I love the saturated colors...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Posted my comment to your Flickr page - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My daily indulgence is definitely taking pictures...instead of vacuuming, laundry, etc. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The picture looks like a slice of heaven! I would simply replace the tea for coffee and that would be my daily indulgence for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love the red bowl. the shadows on your ankle are wicked cool.

    my word verification is "whooffer". how rad is that?

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love this picture, it's so relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yummy. My favorite things too! Great picture.

    ReplyDelete
  8. "What are some of the things you like best? Daily indulgences that lift your spirit?"

    Peets. Hot showers. Pausing to appreciate curls and warm hugs. :-)

    ANOTHER great photo!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hot showers. Coffee with whipped cream on top. Time for a good run. Kids quiet/nap time where I get a few hours to myself.

    Now I want a cookie!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh yes. Hot showers (long ones), definitely. Jackie - coffee instead of tea for me too, except at 4:00 in the afternoon which is tea time for the Brits around here. And Tammy, just about ANYTHING instead of laundry and vacuuming is an indulgence.

    Thanks for the little time-out dreaming....

    ReplyDelete
  11. First of all, I love this photograph. It is lovely. Reading, sitting, food--favorites of mine too. I'll add walks and conversations. I prefer both long and rambling.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You took this photo?? It looks so professional! Girl, you've got some talent!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. coffee, a book, chocolate cake, girl movie, time in the morning... alone, loooooong shower, cooking in peace, and an occasional spat of Polly Pocket play with my kids. It's lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Happy you're here ... please say hello.

Related Posts with Thumbnails